Basic Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Peg Wilson of Elm Creek, Nebraska provides us with her version of “Texas Caviar” that provides for so many possibilities. It's as flavorful as it is colorful and works well alone or as an accompaniment.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad, with tortilla chips or over pork chops. Refrigerate leftovers.