- 5 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cool.
- Place about 2-3/4 cups each in four freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 portions (11-1/2 cups).
Reviews forBasic Beef Starter
"This is a wonderful way to plan ahead... however, adding the gravy and/or soup mix just isn't necessary. You add more recipe options when you don't pre-season it."