Barbecued Wild Duck
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 2 wild ducks (1 pound each), split in half
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ducks in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Baste ducks with sauce during the last 30 minutes of baking time.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 306 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2013
This is amazing!! It is so easy to make. This was the first duck recipe I have tried and had a friend over to test it out. We ate the whole thing!!!
Nov 2, 2010
I thought this sauce was amazing! I think next time instead of using the duck as whole, I would just cook the breast and smother it in the sauce. Very yummy!!