Barbecued Turkey Slices
At banquets, church dinners and even wedding buffets, this tantalizing turkey is a "must" for the table. It was a hit with the 100-plus guests at our family reunion. I've served it with cheesy potatoes and assorted summer salads. It's a snap to fix ahead of time and keeps well in the freezer.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup grapefruit or citrus soda
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce, oil, garlic powder and horseradish. Add turkey slices. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Originally published as Barbecued Turkey Slices in Country Woman May/June 2001