Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, place ribs and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add enough water to cover ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours until tender; drain. Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Arrange ribs on a rack in a broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 1024 calories, 64g fat (23g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 2141mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 62g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Spareribs
"Love this recipe. My kids won't eat any other ribs. It is a frequent request for birthday dinners."
"I can't even buy BBQ sauce anymore, this stuff is so good and so addicting! Tangy and sweet, sticky and delicious ! Thank you Thank you for this recipe"
"This sauce has become my "go-to" sauce of all time. It is sweet and tangy, smokey and thick. It clings perfectly and grills to perfection. This recipe makes perfect ribs every time. I have used with country style ribs as well. Make them as written and wouldn't change a thing. So many people love it! The sauce is equally as wonderful on grilled chicken!!"
"love it love it love.i make these ribs a lot everyone talks about them they are great"
"I have been making these ribs for close to 10 years and my dad constantly brags about them."
"Just made these tonight - they were DELICIOUS! Cooked exactly like the recipe said. Only wished I had doubled the recipe - no leftovers!"