- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pound round steak, cut into four pieces
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and pepper; dredge the meat. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the pan drippings, saute celery, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Combine soup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and mustard; stir into the vegetables. Return meat to the pan. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Round Steak
"Very delicious! I made it for the harvest crew and huge compliment from my husband before I even asked if it was good. I needed to tell my little girls no on seconds until the entire crew had been fed. I served it over egg noodles. Very good and have made it numerous times since. The only difference I did was cut the meat into pieces before breading and browning and then cooked in the crock pot. Very tender."
"Fabulous! Only change I made was to bake in the oven at 325° for 1 1/2 hours....followed ingredients exactly!"
"I haven't made this yet, but I'll bet it would be great I the crock pot."
"Great way to prepare round steak. Tender and flavorful."
"This was way better then I expected AND looked exactly like the picture."
"Very flavorful and has become a family favorite!"
"It really didn't make much effort to put this together and is really worth it. This what my son and I always say "a make again one"!"
"Very good way to cook round steak. My husband who doesn't really like round steak enjoyed this. Plan to make again."
"I made this recipe using deer steak and it was wonderful! Very tender and flavorful...even my picky kids liked it."
"I will definitely make this again to use up the round steak I have in the freezer. Loved the sauce. This recipe was very easy to put together. Our little girls actually asked for more meat during our meal. That rarely happens."