Barbecued Pork Hoagies
If you prefer, you can grill the pork on a charcoal or gas grill. Use your favorite brand of barbecue sauce. If you want to spice it up, add a few drops of hot sauce.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup deli coleslaw
- 2 thin sandwich pickle slices
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn pork; brush with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over cut side of bun bottoms;layer with pork, coleslaw and pickles. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 454 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1404mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Barbecue Pork Hoagie Sandwich in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.