Barbecued Lamb Chops Recipe
At Eastertime and for other holidays, I often get requests for these lamb chops. The moist and tender chops aren't difficult to make, but they taste special. Even people who don't care for lamb like it prepared this way.—Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
- 2 to 3 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 18 lamb rib chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic and seasonings; add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chops, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (160° for medium-well, 170° for well-done). Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Lamb Chops
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2013
"Very easy to throw together, and while I didn't follow the recipe exactly, it went very well. I also scaled WAY down, because I can't afford lamb rib chops for 9, nor do I need to feed 9 individuals regularly."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC