"My husband can't get enough of these spicy chicken wings," notes Anita Carr of Cadiz, Ohio. "They're excellent appetizers at cookouts. We serve them with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks."
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- In a bowl, combine salad dressing, pepper sauce and cayenne. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place remaining sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard marinade. Grill wings, covered, over medium heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Add butter to the reserved sauce; brush over wings.
- Grill, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Hot Wings in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p43
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecued Hot Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2010
"this was and excellent choice,to give my family...thanks"
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2009
"i had this so good"