- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound shaved fully cooked ham
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion in butter. Add chili sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add ham; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Ham Sandwiches
"I have made this recipe several times. Everyone that eats it,asks for the recipe. It is quick and delicious."