Barbecued Ham Buns Recipe
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in ham. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Ham Buns
"Very simple. My two kids loved it. I liked it really well. My husband said it was "OK." I figure we over-ruled him (: I did not have sweet relish on hand so omitted that. Was still tasty (and SIMPLE!) I cooked it on the stove instead of the microwave. I also let the ham simmer in it for 1/2 an hour. WE also used buns made with fresh french bread from the bread maker. I'm sure this helped make it delicious."