Barbecued Ham Buns
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large microwave-safe dish, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in ham. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on buns.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Sep 12, 2014
Very simple. My two kids loved it. I liked it really well. My husband said it was "OK." I figure we over-ruled him (: I did not have sweet relish on hand so omitted that. Was still tasty (and SIMPLE!) I cooked it on the stove instead of the microwave. I also let the ham simmer in it for 1/2 an hour. WE also used buns made with fresh french bread from the bread maker. I'm sure this helped make it delicious.