Barbecued Country Ribs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add rib pieces; shake to coat. In a pressure cooker, brown meat on all sides in oil; drain. Combine the water, ketchup, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; pour over ribs. Add onion. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Skim fat from sauce if necessary and serve with ribs if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Oct 1, 2013
Oct 1, 2012
This was fast, easy and super tasty. My four year old son ate every piece I put on his plate. He chose to have mac and cheese as the side dish, of course.
Mar 20, 2010
Absolutely delicious and so easy. Sauce makes enough for 1 lb. ribs, so double it for more. Added 1T. br. sugar and used about a tablespoon of Sriracha for the hot sauce.Perfect every time!!
Mar 19, 2009
This looks like a good recipe; however, I do not have a pressure cooker; can they be done in the oven?