Barbecued Chicken Recipe
If you're like me, you can never have enough delicious ways to grill chicken. The savory sauce in this recipe gives the chicken a wonderful herb flavor. It's easy to put together a great meal when you start with these juicy golden pieces. -Joanne Shew Chuk, St. Benedict, Saskatchewan
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, butter, water and seasonings; bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC