Barbecued Chicken-Stuffed Potatoes
This tasty dish combines some of my favorite things: the toppings for supreme nachos, tender chicken and the warm comfort of a baked potato. —Ellen Finger, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Coat with cooking spray and rub with garlic salt with parsley; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 18-22 minutes, turning once.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Discard pulp or save for another use.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Spoon into potato shells. Top with beans, olives and green onions; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Serve with tomatoes and sour cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 237 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Potatoes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012