An impromptu picnic inspired me to put together this dressed-up chicken salad sandwich. The sauce gives leftover poultry a scrumptious punch. An instant summertime favorite, these sandwiches have become a mainstay at our house.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add barbecue sauce. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cool; cover and refrigerate chicken until chilled.
- Chop chicken; place in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, celery, salt and pepper flakes. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Country Woman May/June 2004, p33
Reviews forBarbecued Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review