Barbecued Chicken Pizza with Peppers
A boxed crust mix and cooked chicken make this flavorful pizza a cinch to prepare. "It bakes up fast and is a wonderful way to please pizza lovers," says Autumn Ruhl of Montgomery, Michigan. TIP: "We like a dark molasses-based barbecue sauce and sometimes use refrigerated dough instead of the boxed mix," Autumn adds.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender; set aside. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread barbecue sauce to within 1 in. of edges.
- Layer with the chicken, onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.