A boxed crust mix and cooked chicken make this flavorful pizza a cinch to prepare. "It bakes up fast and is a wonderful way to please pizza lovers," says Autumn Ruhl of Montgomery, Michigan. TIP: "We like a dark molasses-based barbecue sauce and sometimes use refrigerated dough instead of the boxed mix," Autumn adds.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender; set aside. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread barbecue sauce to within 1 in. of edges.
- Layer with the chicken, onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p55
Reviews forBarbecued Chicken Pizza with Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2009
"Delicious. I used Cattleman's brand barbecue sauce."