Barbecued Chicken Hoagies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 hoagie buns, split
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over buns. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spread chicken mixture over bun bottoms; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 532 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1352mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2015
This is a very flavorful sandwich. I would have liked to have tasted more of the cheese, but otherwise great.
May 26, 2010
I used Trader Joe's All Natural Barbecue Sauce and reduced the amount to 1/4 cup. I substitued Ciabatta Rolls frm a local bakery.