“If you like barbecued chicken, you’ll really enjoy these hearty chicken roll-ups,” assures Erin Stroud of Sterling, Illinois. “I serve them with cheesy garlic mashed potatoes.”
Recommended: 60 Easy Chicken Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese and barbecue sauce. Place about 1/4 cup in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Chicken Egg Rolls in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p37
Reviews forBarbecued Chicken Egg Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2012
"Something different to do with cooked chicken. Big hit!!"
Reviewed May. 26, 2010
"My family loved this. It was a nice mix-up from the regular eggroll."