Barbecued Chicken Breasts Recipe
A handful of ingredients are all you need for this marinade that kicks up flavor without much fat. "There's a real zip to this chicken," promises Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "I like to make large batches of the marinade and freeze it so it's on hand when we're in the mood to grill chicken."
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (9 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- 3. Place chicken skin side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 290 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Barbecued Chicken Breasts
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC