Barbecued Chicken Bake
You can find ready-to-heat barbecued chicken in the refrigerated meat section of your local grocery store. Just add three ingredients and you have a tasty casserole.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) refrigerated shredded barbecued chicken
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, hominy and chilies. Pour into an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Separate corn bread twists into strips. Place four strips diagonally in each direction over chicken mixture, forming a lattice crust. Press ends against sides of baking dish. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 407 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1819mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Barbecue Chicken Casserole in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.