- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup barbecue sauce to serve with burgers.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, 1/4 cup of the remaining barbecue sauce, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice and reserved barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Burgers
"Loved this recipe. Will be keeping this recipe for sure. The sauce was very tasty and the burger was nice and moist."
"its a delicious one..i hve tried it....best food ever...for more reviews :- http://justinreviews.org"
"We really love these burgers! They have so much flavor."
"Outstanding! Really, these are seriously good! Best burger I've ever made. I used 1 lb of 85% grass fed ground beef and followed recipe as written. I happen to love BBQ burgers, but have never seen my partner eat one, so I was skeptical she'd like it. Thankfully, she loved it and said it was the best burger she's ever had...and we eat a lot of burgers! She didn't add extra sauce, but I did.The sauce is great...if you like Sweet Baby Ray's, you'll love this. If you like your BBQ sauce with a little kick, add some hot sauce or cayenne. 1 lb of meat made 6, 3-1/2 oz patties, about 5" round and 5/8" thick. We cooked 2 on our griddle and froze the rest for another time. Next time, I'll grill up 4 patties so we can have double meat for a heartier meal. If you like thicker burgers, you might want to make 4 with 1 lb meat. This is most definitely a keeper!"
"This is by far my favorite hamburger ever. I love the bbq sauce as well and just make that sometimes."
"My husband made these for dinner tonight! They were great!"
"I thought the sauce needed a little kick, but other than that it was delicious."
"My son makes these at my request because they are awesome. The family raves over them too! It's a keeper!"
"Grilled these on a Big Green Egg. They came out perfect! The sauce was delicious and blended perfectly with the hamburgers. My two burgers didn't even make it to a bun because they looked and smelled so good. Highly recommend these."