- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Toppings of your choice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup barbecue sauce to serve with burgers.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, 1/4 cup of the remaining barbecue sauce, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice and reserved barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Burgers
"I made this recipe as directed except I threw a drizzle of siriracha into the barbecue sauce and it was too delicious then I thought the hamburger was lacking something so I threw a package of onion soup mix into it and made meatloaf out of it 'cause I was feeling kind of lazy Omgosh I will make this again and again yummy yummy yummy"
"Loved this recipe. Will be keeping this recipe for sure. The sauce was very tasty and the burger was nice and moist."
"its a delicious one..i hve tried it....best food ever...for more reviews :- http://justinreviews.org"
"We really love these burgers! They have so much flavor."
"Outstanding! Really, these are seriously good! Best burger I've ever made. I used 1 lb of 85% grass fed ground beef and followed recipe as written. I happen to love BBQ burgers, but have never seen my partner eat one, so I was skeptical she'd like it. Thankfully, she loved it and said it was the best burger she's ever had...and we eat a lot of burgers! She didn't add extra sauce, but I did.The sauce is great...if you like Sweet Baby Ray's, you'll love this. If you like your BBQ sauce with a little kick, add some hot sauce or cayenne. 1 lb of meat made 6, 3-1/2 oz patties, about 5" round and 5/8" thick. We cooked 2 on our griddle and froze the rest for another time. Next time, I'll grill up 4 patties so we can have double meat for a heartier meal. If you like thicker burgers, you might want to make 4 with 1 lb meat. This is most definitely a keeper!"
"This is by far my favorite hamburger ever. I love the bbq sauce as well and just make that sometimes."
"My husband made these for dinner tonight! They were great!"
"I thought the sauce needed a little kick, but other than that it was delicious."