- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a disposable foil pan.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Place in foil pan, turning to coat with sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Place pan on grill rack over indirect medium heat. Grill, covered, 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove from heat. Remove brisket from pan; tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, skim fat from sauce in pan. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Beef Brisket
"My husband just made this yesterday. When he first said he was making brisket, I was afraid of how it would turn out because I've had tough, stringy brisket before. But this was DELICIOUS! Only variation he made was that he smoked it a few hours first to get an "outdoors on the grill" flavor and finished it off in the oven. He has been cooking Sunday family dinner for a few years now, and this is his BEST beef dish ever! Can't wait to have it again and again."
"I wanted to make brisket for Memorial Day but had never made it before. So I tried this recipe a week before on a small piece of brisket. My family loved it. So I made 10 lbs. of brisket with this recipe for Memorial Day. Everyone loved it! But I made a few changes to the sauce...I didn't use horseradish. I added about 3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce and 3 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Sauce and 1/4 cup apple sauce. I put everything in a blender instead of heating it. Then poured it on the brisket and baked it. It was delicious and will definitely make it again. I also used the sauce to bake chicken breasts in and they came out delicious. Definitely recommend this recipe!"