Barbecued Beef and Beans
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 jar (32 ounces) northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat meat beef is no longer pink. Drain; place in a large greased roaster or casserole. Stir in the barbecue sauce, ketchup, molasses and brown sugar. Add all beans and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Cover and bake another 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 433 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 15g fiber), 23g protein.
May 28, 2015
Left out the green beans and add some smoke. Great.
Mar 11, 2013
I tried it, and it turned out great! I was skeptical because I don't like beans much, but once it was cooked it was delicious, and the church loved it! Thanks for the recipe.
Mar 6, 2008
EDIT MEAT TO BE 1 1/2 # OF GROUND BEEF. ADD EXTRA LIQUID