Barbecued Beans Recipe
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 hour. Drain beans and discard liquid.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients. Add the beans. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer or until beans are tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 cup: 220 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Beans
"These were good, family and guests raved about them. Beans were a bit hard for my taste and may soak them longer next time."