Barbecued Beans Recipe
- 1 pound dry navy beans
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place beans in a 3-qt. saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 hour. Drain beans and discard liquid. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add the beans. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer or until beans are tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 cup: 220 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Barbecued Beans
"These were good, family and guests raved about them. Beans were a bit hard for my taste and may soak them longer next time."