- 1 pound dry navy beans
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place beans in a 3-qt. saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 hour. Drain beans and discard liquid. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add the beans. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer or until beans are tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Beans
"These were good, family and guests raved about them. Beans were a bit hard for my taste and may soak them longer next time."