Barbecued Baked Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper*
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 11 servings.
1/2 cup: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Barbecued Baked Beans