- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, grill salmon, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes. Turn salmon; baste with the butter sauce. Grill 7-9 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Alaskan Salmon
"I have been making this for years! I often use a salmon filet when the weather is not good for barbecuing and bake the fish. It is one of our all time favorite recipes for salmon!"
"Light tasting and the sweet brown sugar makes the salmon taste acceptable."
"I'm not a big fish eater, but have been trying to cook it since it is healthy. I was really weary to even taste this, but to my surprise it was very delicious! My husband & I loved it! We also fixed it on a George Foreman grill & heated it the next day. It is so full of flavor, you forget you're eating fish!"
"I made this using a George Foreman grill, they turned out perfect, very yummy, and healthy for you"
"Anybody from King Salmon Alaska should have an outstanding recipe for grilling salmon and this one is!"