Barbecue-Style Beef Brisket
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 fresh beef brisket (5 pounds)
- 2 to 4 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Place flour in a large oven roasting bag; shake to coat bag. Rub brisket with Liquid Smoke if desired, celery seed and pepper; place in bag. Place in a roasting pan. Combine chili sauce and barbecue sauce; pour over brisket. Seal bag.
- With a knife, cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Bake at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully remove brisket from bag. Thinly slice meat across the grain.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts3 cooked beef: 159 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2013
This is my first time cooking a brisket and it turned out real well. I will used this again and maybe put more barbecue sauce in the recipe.I liked it the most because it was so easy.
May 1, 2013
Family of very different palates all loved this one. Will be making it again and for years to come. So easy!
Oct 4, 2010
This came out so good I can't find words to describe. This was resaurant quality good and it came from my oven!! Hightly recomend. Plus, it was fatastically easy!