VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 16 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced plum tomatoes and red onion
- In a large bowl, mix beef and sausage lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 1/2-in.-thick patties.
Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; brush with 1/4 cup sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls with remaining barbecue sauce; top as desired.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Sliders in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016