Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta
This dish is done in minutes. Diced bacon and barbecue sauce really give it a fun kick.—Michele Field, Sykesville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Return bacon to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 663 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1004mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Barbecue Shrimp Over Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Jun 30, 2010
Meh, it was ok...
Mar 22, 2010
My husband absolutley loved this recipe so its def a keeper. Thanks
Jan 5, 2010
Love this recipe. My husband prefers this over traditional spagetti.