Barbecue Sauce Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup cereal, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons sauce to meat mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 3. Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Brush with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
"These meatballs were amazing! They were gone before I got the chance to put them on the table!"