- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
"Great quick meal. Was looking for something different to make and this was excellent choice. Thought it could use more pulled pork then the one container suggested and I will use my own pulled pork next time. Wanted to taste more of it.Found it impossible to add all ingredients and mix up in the frying pan so mixed all in large casserole and it still was overflowing."
"This recipe was AWESOME! Great flavor with a nice kick to it. I though it was a little too dry, next time I make it and there will definitely be a next time I will probably put in the whole can of broth. The green onions on top were the perfect accent to the dish. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This recipe is over the top delicious! It was a hit with the whole family and will definitely go in my regular rotation. It was super quick to whip up, and the flavor was incredible."
"I have been making this recipe for a couple of years now. It is wonderful. Everyone likes it. I make it just as it is and use Lloyd's pulled pork BBQ"
"I made this last night with leftover bbq pork and my family loved it."