- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small food processor, combine cashews and pecans; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a bowl; add 1/2 cup bread crumbs, potato flakes, egg, onion, garlic and salt. Shape into two 1/2-in.-thick patties; roll in remaining bread crumbs.
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the honey, ketchup, barbecue sauce, vinegar and molasses. Serve patties on lettuce-lined buns with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Nut Burgers
"We have used this recipe many times, without the sauce. It also works to form the mixture into small balls ad serve it with sweet and sour sauce, or a sauce of your choice."