Barbecue Muncher Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups mixed nuts or dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 to 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large roasting pan, combine the cereals, crackers, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt until blended. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2012
I rated this recipe as written, which wasn't great! If I make again, I'd add more BBQ sauce and keep an eye on the pretzels as they can easily get a charred taste (stir often). With those simple changes, this would be a good mix.
Mar 4, 2010
I added more barbecue sauce to suit my personal preference and the snack mix tasted very good. I would make it again, and adjust it as needed.
Feb 11, 2010
This has no bbq flavor at all. I will never make it again. We are using this for bird food.