I came across this recipe while living abroad many years ago. These meatballs are as finger-licking good as barbecued ribs but easier to eat.—Dane Harvill, Mosca, Colorado
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat, turning often. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm; drain.
- In the same pan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add the meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce is absorbed. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Barbecue Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p19
Reviews forBarbecue Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2013
"Perfect. I doubled the sauce recipe so I had extra. I used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of evaporated milk. I also used Italian breadcrumbs."
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2012
"Tasty. I will make these again."