- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Kielbasa
"Delicious and super simple."
"I made this as stated and then tasted it. It was too sweet for us, so I cut the sweetness with some vinegar and some red pepper flakes. It was perfect! Good economical recipe!"
"It ended up with strong hints of ketchup I couldn't shake, and the flavor was underwhelming. It actually took away from the yummy flavor of my kielbasa, which I fried to get a nice flavorful crmelization. The flavor was a little bland compared to most BBQ sauces. Won't make again."
"Entire family loved it! easy Peasy!!"
"A solid addition to any weeknight meal plan. This was easy to make and very good. I served it with peas and baked potatoes."
"My husband and I enjoyed this but kids would not eat it. They are so picky. It was really easy to make!"
"Excellent meal and something different for a change! Cut the onion back to a minimal amount so my picky eaters would give it a try and used the upper end of the sugar. It worked, they all ate it (and that is very unusual in my house). Served it over rice with green beans on the side. Will make it again!"
"This was so good! I only used 1/3 cup sugar. We will definitely make this again."