Barbecue Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 pound shaved lean deli ham
- 2 sandwich rolls, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter. Add the tomato juice, ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add ham; stir until coated. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 358 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Ham Sandwiches
"So yummy....I tripled the recipe and froze some of the filling to defrost/heat up at a later time. Definetly a keeper."