Barbecue Green Bean Bake Recipe
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- 2. Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 257 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Green Bean Bake
"So delicious! Green beans stayed crunchy (I used Steamfresh frozen), bbq sauce tasted great and the combination was amazing. Highly recommend. Was a huge hit at Thanksgiving as a side dish!!"
"The flavor is very good, but both times I made it, my green beans were rubbery. Next time I try it, I will try it using canned green beans."
"The brown sugar and Worcestershire are the key to this wonderful side dish. Every time I make it I get OOOH's and AWWES from young to adult. Everyone loves green beans and this just puts it on the top of the list. Excellent- a must to try.. you wont' be sorry."
"I served this when taking a dish to friends. What a great tasting dish. WE all love vegetables and this was number one. So much better than the regular green bean casserole."