- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baked beans
- 2-2/3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Mix first four ingredients; toss with coleslaw mix and green onions. Refrigerate until serving.
- Place beans in a small saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In another saucepan, mix chicken and barbecue sauce; cook over medium-low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, place tostada shells on ungreased baking sheets. Spread with beans; top with chicken mixture and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until tostada shells are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with slaw. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Chicken Tostadas
"I really liked this simple change-of-pace. My kids weren't big fans (should have left the slaw off of theirs) and my husband said it was good, but not as good as other recipes I make. It was a nice balance of flavors and textures (probably why my kids didn't like it)!"