Thanks to rotisserie chicken, these cheesy, smoky sliders are a snap to make on a busy day. The special barbecue sauce really takes it up a notch. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Recommended: 20 Slider Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup beer or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 slider buns, split
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, mix first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Place buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly toasted, 30-60 seconds.
Remove tops of buns from baking sheet. Top bottoms with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Add bun tops.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Chicken Sliders in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018