- 3/4 cup beer or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 slider buns, split
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, mix first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Place buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly toasted, 30-60 seconds.
Remove tops of buns from baking sheet. Top bottoms with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Add bun tops.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Chicken Sliders
"This isn't your average chicken sandwich! The sauce is fantastic and isn't too spicy. It's a great compliment to the chicken and the cheese. The broiled slider buns also add a nice toasty element. I used a honey BBQ sauce as that was what I had on-hand and I omitted the bourbon because I didn't have any. However, I think the addition of the bourbon would likely add some warmth and depth to the sauce if it was used. I would highly suggest making sure the chicken is completely coated so you get every bit of the amazing flavor. And watch out when you broil your slider buns as they can burn easily!"