- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8 minutes.
Spread barbecue sauce over dough; top with chicken, cooked onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake pizza 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed, and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Chicken Pizza
"Really good! Skipped precooking the onions to save time and used a little less. Definitely will make this again! YUM!"
"Very good with an overall smoky flavor. Next time I think I'll leave the Gorgonzola off. It is a strong flavor that I don't think added much. I used Sonny's bbq sauce and smoky paprika."
"My husband and I both loved this!"
"This was great!"