Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over pitas. Top with the bacon, onion, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2013
BBQ Chicken Pizza in a Pita what's not to like.
Jul 23, 2011
Used fresh mushroom instead of canned. Also, didn't use pre-cooked chicken but used cooked fresh chicken sprinkled w/ smoked paprika. Yummy!
Jan 10, 2011
YUM! Everyone liked these!
Jul 29, 2010
Very good but I altered the recipe a little. I used more chicken than called for (store bought, roasted), whole wheat pitas, real bacon, & reduced fat cheddar - more than called for.
Apr 15, 2010
My family LOVED these pizzas! Very simple & quick! My 9yr. old stepson had fun helping me make them too!
Apr 19, 2009
My entire family loves these! I make them about twice a month.
Sep 18, 2008
This is really good!!