Barbecue Chicken Legs Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds meaty bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter. Transfer chicken to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until crisp-tender. Add the water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Legs
"I love this recipe! I placed the dish with the chicken in it in the oven while I was sauteing the veges and thickening the sauce. I definitely will make this again."
"my husband loved this. I was not a fan. It was the texture of the flour i was not a fan of."