Barbecue Chicken Legs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until crisp-tender. Add the water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 25, 2009
I love this recipe! I placed the dish with the chicken in it in the oven while I was sauteing the veges and thickening the sauce. I definitely will make this again.
Jul 27, 2009
my husband loved this. I was not a fan. It was the texture of the flour i was not a fan of.