- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown the chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drain skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion, green pepper and celery until tender. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil. Pour over the chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with corn. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and corn is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBarbecue Chicken Casserole
"husband really liked, I didn't ."
"Very good. easy to make. All four of my kids liked it which is a miracle in my house!"