Barbecue Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Drain skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In drippings, saute onion, green pepper and celery until tender. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with corn. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and corn is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 522 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2011
This should be titled Sweet and Sour Chicken Casserole. The sauce was thin and soupy and definately didn't taste like barbeque sauce. If I ever make this again I will substitute in a real barbeque sauce recipe instead of the sauce in this recipe.
Nov 10, 2010
husband really liked, I didn't .
Oct 30, 2009
Very good. Easy to make. All four of my kids liked it which is a miracle in my house!