Barbecue Beef Taco Plate
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes2 plates (20 servings each)
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 cups shredded romaine
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 2 to 3 packages (13-1/2 ounces each) tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and dressing mixes until blended. Spread over two 14-in. plates. Layer with the beef mixture, chilies, onions, romaine, cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Arrange some tortilla chips around the edge; serve with remaining chips.
Dec 28, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. I, too, was a little worried about the bbq/taco flavoring together, but this was definitely a hit! I will make this again the next time we have friends over.
Nov 20, 2010
I've made this recipe several times and it's been a hit each time. I've given out this recipe many times. It's just awesome!! I usually make 1/4 the recipe and it goes very fast.
May 22, 2009
How would you divide that down to 6 or 8 servings....Linda from Chanute Ks
Jan 11, 2009
I was hesitant at first to try this recipe with the barbecue and the taco flavors clashing in my mind, but now, this has to be one of my favorite recipes. Thanks.
May 17, 2008
Can this receipe be eaten cold, is the meat suppose to cool before you put it over the cream cheese.Can you make this receipe the day before and refigerate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.